SS400 Steel Plate
ASTM A36 Carbon Steel Plate
Q235B Carbon Structural Steel Plate
A36 steel plate is similar to Q235B steel plate, it is one Q235b equivalent steel standard, another one is SS400. While the difference between A36 and Q235B is as follows:
- Different Yield Point (A36=250MPa, Q235B=235MPa);
- Different Tensile Strength (A36=400-550MPa, Q235B=375-500MPa);
- Different element content requirements: (A36: C is equal to or less than 0.25%, Si is less than or equal to 0.4%, P < 0.04%, s is less than or equal to 0.05%; Q235B:C=0.12-0.2%, Si is less than or equal to 0.3, P < 0.045%, s is equal to or less than 0.045%).Q235 manganese content of the requirements (Mn=0.30-0.70%) A36 manganese content is not required.
|Steel Standard||Steel Grade||Chemical Composition|
Chemical Composition Comparison Table
If only compare the mechanical properties of these grades, it is found that the mechanical properties of A36 and high quality carbon structural steel 20# are quite similar to each other. Tensile strength of 20# steel is not less than 410, yield strength is not less than 245, and mechanical properties of A36 are about the same.
Comparison of A36, SS400 and Q235 plate:
As can be seen from data above, ASME standard A36 and China standard Q235 materials are named according to yield strength of material, and for SS400 is tensile strength. From the analysis of mechanical properties, A36 and SS400 are more equivalent, while Q235 material is less.
Substitution of A36, SS400 and Q235 steel plate
Although the Q235 steel grade steel plate has lower mechanical properties than A36 and SS400 material, but in actual operation process, as long as the buyers do not have special requirement, often these three kinds of materials can be substituted. If only from mechanical properties of materials, it is acknowledged that mechanical properties of A36 and SS400 are similar to those of high quality carbon structural steel 20#. Tensile strength of 20# steel is not less than 410; yield strength is not less than 245; mechanical properties of SS400 and A36 are about the same.
Different standard formulation parties:
A36 for American Standard ASME standard (ASTM specification equivalent) materials, SS400, Standard JIS G3101 (common structure with rolling steel) materials, Q235 GB700 standards GB material. GB700:Q235 G3101:SS400 JIS ASME:A36
Different chemical composition:
The content of Mn element in A36 due to the plate thickness (or diameter) of different instead, below 20mm, without Mn. Q235 of C, Si, Mn, S, P and other elements of the content have made a request, but SS400 as long as the S, P is less than 0.050, the other did not make a request.
Different mechanical property:
The tensile strength of A36 is Ksi 58~80 (about 400~550MPa), the yield strength is 36 Ksi (about 250MPa); the tensile strength of 370~500 is MPa Q235, and the yield strength is 235MPa; The tensile strength of 400~510 is MPa SS400, and the yield strength is 245MP (SS400 and Q235's mechanical properties are all in the case of steel plate thickness less than 16mm).
If you need any info or price details on steel plate of Q235A,Q235B or equivalent steel standard ASTM A36 and SS400, don't hesitate to send a message now!
- Carbon Steel Plate
- SS490 carbon steel sheet price
- ASTM A656 Grade 70 carbon steel sheet supplier
- DIN 17102 EStE255 steel application
- StE500 stock
- Offer GB T1591 Q345C carbon steel plate stock
- China ASME SA283 Gr D carbon steel sheet
- S420ML price
- bs1387 tube astm a36 steel 80g m2 pre square rectangular plate
- ASME SA633 Grade D carbon steel plate manufacture
- S355J2 mill
- Offer ASTM A633 Grade E mild steel plate
- en10220 s355 ERW steel plate a36 steel prices of ERW steel plate black oil vanish painting plate
- DIN EStE315 carbon steel sheet usage
- EN S620QL1 mild steel sheet data sheet
- WStE380 mild steel plate price
- S460ML mild steel plate sale
- ASME SA633 Grade A mild steel sheet distributor
- China ASTM A573 Grade 58 carbon steel sheet
- ASME SA514 Grade C carbon steel sheet price
- DIN 17100 St37 3 mild steel plate sale
- DIN 17100 RSt37 2 carbon steel sheet Chemical composition
- JIS SM490C steel plate manufacture
- ASME SA633 Grade D supplier
- ASTM A283 Grade C steel specification
- mild steel plate a36